Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What is Olive Drab and Pearls?

As a Marine I run most of my life in an olive drab kind of way. Kids confuse this a bit, but as they are growing out of TOTALLY chaoshood and into partial chaoshood I am finding it easier to return to my green ways. Some of you may think my term "green" is environmental... no, it's military. From the 2001 until I got married in 2006 I would field day every Thursday. NOTE: I'm a reservist, so no one made me do this... I'm just that green. Olive Drab and Pearls says a lot about me. I love, love, love being a Marine, going to the rifle range, and saying things like, "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND" and "IT WOULD BEHOOVE YOU...", but I also LOVE - LOVE - LOVE being a wife and mom and finding a way to temper my green with a little bit of class. Olive drab and pearls is all female Marines who take their jobs seriously. Their job serving our country, and their job loving and serving their family. I'm olive drab and pearls and this is a blog about how green helps we manage the chaos and how pearls make me look good doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment