Thursday, January 5, 2012

Today's olive drab

The olive drab is out in full force today. I have a thousand ideas of what I can do to save the world - - -ok, not the world, just my family, but really I have got to get moving. I've started the morning with a delightfully sweet cup of joe, courtesy of my Keurig and some vanilla powder from CBTL. Some mornings I'm lucky enough to have my 4 year old, Charlotte, have my coffee made and waiting on the counter. I can't very well demand servitude from a 4 years old, so I have to enjoy it when it happens and make my own coffee when it doesn't. Yesterday was full, full, full of little accomplishments. I make 6 blackboard painted bases to use when we have guests, so everyone knows who's glass is who's. I also made caramelized onion mini quiches. I was very successful with those, though they are pretty time intensive. I made apple chips - ALSO time intensive. I cleaned out the pantry, and discovered I buy A LOT of dented cans in the 50% off bin. I did have one EPIC fail. I used a Hormel Meatloaf for dinner.... UGH! So, So, So, incredibly bad. The kids ate it, but that is a credit to our awesome parenting by making out kids eat everything, not to the quality of the food. The consistency of dog food, and the flavor wasn't much better. NOTE: even if it is in the 50% off bin - Don't buy the prefab meatloaf. My addiction to Pinterest is becoming evident to all around me. I'll try not to let it take over... just a warning.... So here's to cleaning up the side yard! maybe some ridiculous photos will folow...

No comments:

Post a Comment